Tattoo Designs for Men | What To Know
Crazy Amount Of Tattoo Designs for Men
The growing popularity of this art has given rise to a staggering number of new styles not seen before, or fresh takes on traditional designs. But remember to choose your tattoo with care: it will be a constant companion for many years. For centuries, men have applied ink to the human canvas in order to express themselves, both as an individual and as a group. Whether to honor military service, a loved one, or even a favorite sports team tattoos, tattoos have woven themselves into the fabric of American culture. What used to be the territory of bikers or military men, tattoos have now crossed into mainstream acceptability.
Looking For Authentic Tattoo Designs For Men
As a man, many of the designs lean toward masculine qualities. Eagles across the chest, or barbed wire tattoos around an upper arm convey strength, power, a sense of self that transcends the design itself. It expresses a part of man an animalistic, raw quality; permanent art made purposeful. You can break down men who get tattoos into two groups:
• Men that take their time, carefully select, or even design their own tattoos. They have a personal or important meaning for the tattoo they choose.
• Men who are more spontaneous, getting a tattoo without a deep meaning behind it. For example, they just like the way it looks. Of course, neither one of these approaches is wrong; they are just different paths that get you to the same place.
Now, what types of tattoo designs for men are there? An endless variety to be sure. The fact that you stepped into a tattoo parlor and see a handful of books with designs is no indication of a limit. Your imagination is the only true limit to possible designs.
Categories of Tattoo Designs for Men
• Creatures Tattoos: These would be designs based on animals, birds, insects, fish or even fantasy creatures like dragons or goblins.
• Symbols, Signs Tattoos: Zodiac signs for the symbol you are born under, or religious symbols like crosses.
• Pledges Tattoos: Tattoos considered more traditional (we’ve all seen cartoons with the big bad guy that has “Mom” across his arm), such as a name over a heart, a military insignia or an anchor.
Whatever your reasons, or your style, tattoo designs for men are varied enough to fulfill your need for self-expression. However, be sure that you choose a reputable tattoo parlor or artist. Many artists will focus on a particular style or design; drop in and watch the artist at work. Review their portfolio. Above all, make sure you are comfortable with your decision before you settle into the tattoo chair. Good luck in your journey! Remember to have fun when reviewing tattoo designs for men!